Friday, August 26, 2011

Turtle & Co. Happy Hello

  At the end of the month I'm having a mini Stamp-a-Stack using the Turtle & Co. set so I've been busy playing and making samples and trying to decide which cards will be made at the event.  This one I think is cute but didn't make the cut.  I kept playing around with the colors and I just couldn't get one that I was completely happy with.  Hopefully it will give someone out there some good ideas though.  Check back after August 30 to see which cards we made at the mini Stamp-a-Stack.


  This is the same layout as a sample in Idea Book & Catalog.  The base is Peach Parfait with another panel of Peach Parfait embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I stamped the frog on Whisper White in Stazon and then used a blender pen and Watercolor Wonder Crayons to color it in.  I stamped the thought bubble on scrap paper, cut it out and popped it up on a dimensional.

  I used the new pennant punch to make a little flag for the froggie to hold.  To add a little bling I put a Concord Crush Glimmer brad on it and adhered it with dimensionals.  The flag "pole" is a toothpick that I cut down to the right size and glued down with a little bit of mono multi glue.  The ribbon around the card is the Concord Crush poly twill.  I wrapped it around the card then taped the ends down underneath the tag.  I tied a knot in a second piece of ribbon and adhered that to the tag with a glue dot so I didn't have to try to thread it through the tag.  Looks like all one piece but it's not!  A little stampers secret...also a nice way to save some ribbon.  You don't need as much as if you were trying to tie all one piece.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Turtle & Co.

Ink: Stazon, Concord Crush (marker for coloring the heart and sentiment)

Paper: Peach Parfait, Old Olive, Whisper White


Accessories: Glimmer brad, pennant punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, poly twill ribbon, dimensionals, blender pen, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, toothpick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!