Thursday, August 18, 2011

Josie Dog Thank You

  I made this card a while ago as a thank you to our neighbors who took care of our dog when we were away.  Our dog, Josie, is a wonderful Frisbee catcher and all around great fetcher so I though thought that stamping a dog catching a Frisbee would be cute.  It came together quickly, except for the Frisbee!  I could not cut out a shape that looked like a Frisbee to save my life!  The Frisbee on the card was my final attempt and I decided that was as good as it was going to get. Josie is probably glad her real Frisbee is more aerodynamic without the jagged edges!



























  The base is Crumb Cake with some Crumb Cake paw prints at the bottom.  The dog, let's call her Josie, is stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White.  To get the look of Josie running all you need to do is keep stamping without reinking your stamp.  As you stamp it along your cardstock away from the first image the ink becomes more faint giving the impression of running.  I've seen some really cute cards that use this technique for running horses.  This is a really easy way to add interest to an animal card or a card with cars or other vehicles.

  Since I was hand-delivering this card to our neighbors and didn't need to worry about the USPS I added a little mini library clip holding the sentiment.  The thanks was stamped on top of the bone and then punched out with the oval punch.  I tied a bakers twine bow around the clip just for fun!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: D is for Dog

Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake


Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White, Basic Black


Accessories: Bakers Twine, small oval punch, mini library clip


2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I just love it! I spent yesterday tossing a Frisbee to our lab, so I love this even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I bet she'll love it. Such a cool technique! Do you have to mask as you restamp the image?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!