Monday, August 15, 2011

Bold Field Flowers

  I am having so much fun with the new set Field Flowers.  Flower stamps work for just about any occasion except maybe a guy card unless the guy is totally into gardening or something.  But really, for anything else a flower works!  Just change around the greeting and colors and you get a totally new look.  

  I made this card to send to one of my stamping ladies who went out of her way to drop to off an embossing folder that some how made its way into her order bag instead of someone else's.  I blame my boys for messing around in my stamp room when they shouldn't have been!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  =)  I used both the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge and Sketch Challenge from last week for this card.  Challenges are a great place to look when you need a little push in getting started on a card.  Sometimes I sit down and know exactly what I want to make and other times I need some help getting the creative juices flowing.   Even if what I end up with isn't anything like the layout or colors from the challenge it gave me a starting place to focus on.  Check out some challenges to get a card started or just to jump out of your comfort zone!


  The flower stem was stamped with Lucky Limeade on Whisper White.  I stamped the flowers next using Poppy Parade and Daffodil Delight.  I stamped them twice more on scrap cardstock and then cut them out with my paper snips (probably my best spent $9.95 ever!).  I popped the cut out ones up on dimensionals and then layered the image panel on Daffodil Delight. 

  I used a scrap strip of Poppy Parade twill ribbon to go across the stems and added the sentiment from Petite Pairs on the right side.  And of course the sentiment circle is popped up with a dimensional.  Petite Pairs has perfect sentiments to use with punches and has a nice variety of fonts.  I know this will be one of my "go to" sentiment sets for a long time to come.  The base of the card is Crumb Cake with a piece of Lucky Limeade In Color DSP on the bottom half.

  For my local stamping ladies; please remember if you'd like to join me on August 30 for the Turtle & Co. Mini Stamp-A-Stack I need your payment by this Thursday Aug. 18.  Please see my Stampin' Up! Events Calendar HERE for more details.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Field Flowers, Petite Pairs

Ink: Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Black

Paper: Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade DSP, Whisper White


Accessories: dimensionals, Poppy Parade twill ribbon, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches


1 comment:

  1. I love this card! I can't remember the last time I "popped" something out. I need to try it again. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!