Thursday, September 23, 2010

Elegant Lines Color Challenge

  I have a lot of birthdays to make cards for in September--what's up with that??  All those cold January nights I guess!  =) So this is one that I made using a color challenge I saw posted on Create With Connie & Mary a few weeks ago.  I got some new goodies and decided to use this color challenge to get started and see where it took me.  Of course I went crazy with the pearls (I just can't say no-- yes I'm weak!) and had some fun with the new Decorative Label punch (we'll be using this at stamp club on Tuesday!).
 
  The color challenge was for Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla & Crumb Cake.  Since Tangerine Tango is a pretty bright color I knew I just wanted to use a little bit of it for a pop of color against the neutral colors.
   I used the circle stamp from Just Believe for my pop of Tangerine Tango.  I punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and then mounted it to a 1 3/8" Early Espresso circle.  I also added a little pearl to the center of the flower.

   For the sentiment I used A Little Birthday Cheer (retired) and punched it out with the new Decorative Label punch and also mounted that on Early Espresso (I'll show this little trick at stamp club!).  Again, more small pearls to accent around the punch.  Behind the sentiment I have a strip of new Very Vanilla seam binding from the Holiday Mini catalog.  I pulled several threads to get it to gather for the ruffle.

  The Crumb Cake panel was put through the Big Shot using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I accented some of the circles with more pearls.  I used the ticket corner punch and mounted it to an Early Espresso layer and then again onto a Very Vanilla Base.
Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Just Believe, A Little Birthday Cheer (retired)

Ink: Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso


Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake


Accessories: 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches, Decorative Label punch, ticket corner punch, pearls, seam binding, Elegant Lines embossing folder


                                                                                             

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. The pearls are such a great added touch to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card...I agree, a nice touch with adding the pearls. Great birthday card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elegant feel of this card. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!