Sunday, August 29, 2010

Getting Organized for Christmas

  All year long I try to remember ideas for Christmas gifts for the various family members, decorating ideas, recipes, activities etc.  This year I decided to get ahead of the game and make myself a little mini Christmas note book that I can keep all of my ideas and lists in one place.  It's small enough to fit in my purse so when I'm out and about I can jot things down right away and not have to rely on my spotty memory!  The only thing that I would do differently is try to find a smaller pen to use....the RSVP pen is a little bit big for my purse but you can't beat that it matches!

  I used some old and some new on this project.  The DSP is from the Sweet Pea paper pack (retired) but doesn't it look awesome with the Cherry Cobbler binding and ornament?  I think I might have a color combination for Christmas cards on my hands here. 

  The ornament stamp is from Delightful Decorations which I am thrilled made it into the big catalog from last year's mini catalog.  I bought so much from that mini that I was praying some of it would make it into the big catalog so I could keep demonstrating (and not blow the stamping bank account) this set as I love it and didn't get to use it as much as I would have liked to last year.  I punched out the ornament with the ornament punch.  I stamped the little star burst/flower (what do you think it is???) in Old Olive and then punched it out.  I adhered everything together and refrained from using a dimensional....I know right, no dimensionals???  I figured being raised up would just catch the ornament on things floating around in my purse and I didn't want it getting ripped off the mini notebook.  Last but not least I added a little BLING to to the ornament.

  Reminder to my local stamp club ladies--TUESDAY is Stamp-A-Stack at 7pm!!  Have you been working on your Stampin' Challenges?  I have the prize all set and can't wait to see what everyone has made!

  Thanks for looking!  Happy Stamping!

Stamps: Delightful Decorations

Ink: Cherry Cobbler


Paper: Sweet Pea DSP (retired), Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: mini notebook, sticky strip, corner rounder, grosgrain ribbon, RSVP pen, ornament punch, small circle punch, Rhinestone jewels

6 comments:

  1. Love how you did this & great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby idea, Amanda! Love the Sweet Pea papers too :) Great job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! And what a great idea. Staples has the smaller pens, you have to buy them in a 12 pack, but they are like the RSVP pens, so you can decorate them too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Way to be ahead of the game and already getting organized for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and what a great idea! Those mini composition books are so handy.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!