Monday, February 22, 2010

Beautiful Wings Happy Birthday


I'm having more fun with the new goodies from the Occasions Mini. I can't say enough good things about the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack....I've done a lot of projects using various designs and I still have so many left. I'm going to be sad when this one is gone but I hope Stampin' Up continues to do these large packs of paper in the future; there is certainly less hoarding when you know you have 48 sheets to use!

This card is fairly simple as far as layout and stamping but it has a lot of embellishments to make it pop. First I punched out 3 scalloped squares from the Sweet Pea DSP and alternated the stripes from horizontal & vertical. I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the Well Scripted set (Mini) in Chocolate Chip.

Then I had fun running some scraps of paper through my Big Shot using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (Mini) to get all of my butterflies.

For the ribbon I ran a strip of SNAIL adhesive across the card front then took my length of taffeta ribbon (I used 3 times the width of the card and had a small amount leftover) and pressed it into the SNAIL while making small loops all the way across.

Stamps: Well Scripted

Ink: Chocolate Chip

Paper: Sweet Pea DSP, Sahara Sand, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Taken With Teal, So Saffron

Accessories: Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, scalloped square punch

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!