Monday, December 21, 2009

3D Ornament Punch Card


I've been slacking lately getting my stamp club projects posted online. I guess I can blame getting ready for Christmas on my lack of time! This is a super fast card to make and I told my stamp club ladies not to be surprised if they see a variation of this card next year for my Christmas card! There are a bunch of examples of this 3D ornament made from the ornament punch up on Splitcoaststampers. I don't know who originally shared this fantastic idea but thank you! This is also a great card because even though it has the 3d element to it, the ornament folds down flat so it will mail.

To make this card first punch out 5 ornament shapes and fold them in half. Designer Series paper works great for this not only because of the great patterns and colors but it is lighter weight than the regular card stock so it will fold easier. For this project we used the Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper that is available in the Holiday Mini (*Note: this paper is only available for a little but longer- after January 4 it's gone). Then adhere the folded ornaments to each other, back to back with a small line of SNAIL adhesive. Leave one side of the first & last ornaments loose, these will be the ends that you attach to the card front.

Stamps: Berry Christmas (sentiment)

Paper: Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper

Ink: Soft Suede

Accessories: Ornament Punch, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, organza ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!