Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy World Card Making Day!!


Here is a card I made to send out to my customers to let them know about World Card Making Day and to show off something else you can do with this punch. I hope they all get a chance to celebrate by stamping and sending out a few cards. And I hope all of you out there get a chance to celebrate as well. My husband would look at me funny if I told him I had to go celebrate World Card Making Day and lock myself in my stamp room but it sure sounds like a good idea doesn't it? Alas, (don't get to use that word much!) I'll be driving to my 10 year college reunion so there won't be any stamping going on for me tomorrow. But, I celebrated early and made these acorn cards. Maybe next year I can get my act together and plan an event to mark the occasion!

I got my inspiration for this card from several places on Splitcoaststampers. First I'd seen several acorns using the new ornament punch from the Holiday Mini. I thought that was so clever I just had to get in on the action too. Here is the inspiration acorn by VondaThomas. I also saw the technique to make the leaf on this card by dbarry.

To make the acorns I punched out ornaments in Close to Cocoa and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink then trimmed a bit off of each side of the top of the ornament to make the acorn stem. For the acorn cap I used my large oval punch and snipped a small strip off of the bottom. I gave it some texture by stamping the speckles from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Chocolate Chip ink and then sponging all around the edges. Adhere the cap to the acorn base and there you have it. Each acorn is popped up on dimensionals and to give the top one more height I stacked 2 dimensionals together.

For the leaf you just punch a scalloped circle in Old Olive, fold it in half the long way and then run it through your crimper diagonally. Unfold it and there's a nice leaf!

The rest of the card is finished off with a strip of acorns from Autumn Harvest stamped in Close to Cocoa and colored in with Watercolor Wonder crayons and a blender pen. A strip of scallops balances off the acorn panel. "October" from the Full Calendar set punched out with the large oval and layered on a Chocolate Chip scalloped oval.

Happy World Card Making Day!

Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Autumn Harvest, Full Calendar

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip

Cardstock: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla

Accessories: Ornament punch, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, crimper, blender pens, Watercolor Wonder crayons, scallop edge punch, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!