Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sweet Centers Customer Thank You



I know I haven't been posting a lot lately but that doesn't mean I haven't been stamping---I just haven't had time to stamp, photograph projects & blog. But I wanted to quickly share a little project I did to thank my customers for their recent orders as well as introduce the Sweet Centers stamp set (available now in the Holiday Mini) to them. I created this project probably a month ago and I've since seen a lot of sunflower projects using this set so we are all thinking along the same lines for this one!! Sweet Centers is a great set if you want to make cards or little treats for various occasions.

I used Crushed Curry for the petals and Old Olive for the leaves. I cut out the petals and leaves (really it didn't take that long. I did it while I was watching TV.) I adhered the petals to the edge of the Sweet Treats cups with SNAIL then attached the leaves so they were peeking out of the side.

For my first trial run of the sunflower I picked out a bunch of brown M&Ms from the giant size bag....really there aren't that many browns in there, I was surprised to discover. And I thought it would take a while to get enough to fill the 10 or so sunflowers I needed to make. Plan B- I got a large tub of chocolate covered raisins and used those to fill the cups instead of M&Ms. Worked out well. I used my good old Coluzzle to cut small circles for the backing, peeled off the paper backing on the treat cups and attached the cardstock backing. I then punched a 13/4" circle in Whisper White and put that on top of the Chocolate Chip backing to write a quick little note thanking my customers.

All in all a pretty cute & quick project.

Stamps: Sweet Centers

Ink: Crushed Curry, Old Olive

Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (backing of the treat cup)

Accessories: paper snips, sweet treats cups, Coluzzle, 13/4" circle punch

2 comments:

  1. These turned out really cute! I like how they look like sunflowers! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the many ways I've seen people use this particular stamp set (the flower & leaves) with the cups, this is my ABSOLUTE favorite! So very cute and so simple! Great party favors and great idea for thank yous! So smart!

    Margaret Moody
    margaretmoody.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!