Friday, September 25, 2009

Shimmery Rose


I kept seeing a ton of cards using this new technique with Shimmery White cardstock and reinkers and had to make one for myself. Patty Bennett (an awesome Stampin' Up demonstrator!!) made this fabulous tutorial explaining how to do it so I won't bore you with my step by step details except to say I only used one color reinker just to see what it would look like.

I also want to say that the photo does not do this card justice. It is very vibrant with a sheen of shimmer all over the rose that no matter how many photos I took I could not capture it. It is very easy to do and packs a big WOW. I know a lot of people are hesitant to bust into a package of Shimmery White cardstock because there are only 10 sheets per package but this is the perfect time to tear off that plastic and have some fun!

My color combination was inspired by a shirt that I bought earlier in the summer and is navy and has a few small touches of hot pink. Night of Navy and Melon Mambo were perfect matches. I'm not much into wearing pink but for some reason I like it on this one shirt and felt it would make a good color combination for a card.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: white craft, Melon Mambo (reinker), Night of Navy

Cardstock: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo, Shimmery White

Accessories: clear embossing powder, aquapainter, small & large oval punches, organza ribbon, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!