Thursday, September 10, 2009

Polka Dot Cupcake


I favorited an adorable card over on Splitcoaststampers a while ago and wanted to combine it with a card I had done myself earlier in the year. I love the cupcake from the Party Hearty set and lately I've been all about polka dots (as you'll probably see in a future post!). Here is the polka dot card that I got part of my inspiration from and here is my original cupcake card.

While my inspiration card used designer paper for the polka dots I used the awesome Stampin' Up textured cardstock. I held off for a while on buying these papers but I am glad I finally did. The texture just adds enough POP without overwhelming the other elements of the card. It's perfect for adding on in small amounts to keep your project from looking flat. I used my Close to Cocoa marker and did faux stitching around each textured circle. The little ribbon knots are stuck on with glue dots.

I used the 13/4" circle punch and the scallop circle punch to layer my cupcake on. The cupcake was colored with markers, stamped once, cut out. I then inked up the icing again and cut it out, added some dazzling diamonds and then adhered it to the full cupcake with dimensionals. I colored the candle with markers as well and cut it out and adhered it between the 2 icing layers. And a little strip of scallop edge punch finishes it all off.

Stamps: Party Hearty, It's Your Birthday

Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink

Cardstock: Whisper White, Close to Cocoa (regular & textured), Pink Pirouette

Accessories: glue dots, grosgrain ribbon, markers, 3/4" circle punch, scallop edge punch, 13/4" circle punch, scallop circle punch, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!