Friday, September 18, 2009

Masculine Pine


Here is another card inspired by a challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Lately it seems that I need to have something to start me off for a project. I like checking out the challenges and then mull them over for a day or 2 and try to build a card in my mind so that when I do have time to get in my stamp room I've at least narrowed some of my choices down and I can get started right away instead of making several false starts. So for this card I used Sketch Challenge 245 to begin.

This is a pretty straightforward card even with all the layers. The bottom layer is the retired Manchester DSP (which I will get through someday!). The kraft layer is stamped with the Sanded background in Versamark, edges distressed and copper brads added in the corners. The next little layer is a strip of Mellow Moss, also distressed with a line of paper piercing down the middle. For the tree layer I stamped the pine tree from the SO versatile set Lovely As A Tree with Versamark and then used my pastels and a cotton ball to pounce some Always Artichoke color on the tree (this technique is called Poppin' Pastels). This gives it a very soft look which would look great on a Christmas card as well. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners and popped this layer on dimensionals.

Stamps: Lovely As A Tree, Sanded

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Manchester DSP, kraft, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla

Accessories: distressing tool, copper brads, paper piercer, ticket corner punch, pastels, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!