Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fifth Avenue Floral Watercolor


For this card I was inspired by last week's color challenge over on Splitcoaststampers. It was to use Black, Elegant Eggplant & Old Olive. I also needed a birthday card so I thought I would try to combine the challenge and my specific need for a card.

First I started with some watercolor paper and Stazon black ink (so I could watercolor without my image smearing). I stamped the middle flower first and then covered it with my mask made from a sticky note then I stamped the other 2 flowers. I used my aquapainter and Elegant Eggplant ink pad (Hint: you can squeeze your inkpad to get a bit of ink on the inside of the lid to watercolor with or if you only have a Stampin' Spot in the color you want just stamp the spot directly on the lid of your stamp set case and pick up the ink that way- then just wipe off when you're finished). Some Old Olive ink colored on the flower centers and to jazz it up a little some Dazzling Diamonds on the center flower.

I wanted to keep the sentiment clean so I just did the single word "Celebrate" punched with the oval punch and layered on the scallop oval. Pop that on top of a small strip of leftover Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon (because it's a pretty good match to Old Olive) and it's all finished.

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Black Stazon, Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive

Paper: watercolor paper, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White

Accessories: Aquapainter, Dazzling Diamonds, oval punch, scallop oval punch, satin ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!