Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bermuda Bird Thanks


I just love this little bird from the Good Friend set. I needed to make a thank you card for our neighbors who invited us over for dinner last week. I already had the kraft cardstock cut for the base so I decided to start with that as well as some scraps of the retired Designer Series paper Manchester. My layout was from the Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge 236. I used the In Color Bermuda Bay for my bird and then Close to Cocoa for the beak and legs but I stamped off on scrap paper once since I thought that was a closer match to the kraft color. I used a sticky note to mask the bird body so I could get the beak and legs just where I wanted them. If you use the whole leg stamp it makes for a very tall bird and it wouldn't have fit for this sketch. A jeweled brad in the corner (which is a close enough match in my book) gives some interest to that side of the card and balances the scallop oval sentiment. The background is what I think of as the dandelion stamp and that is in Close to Cocoa and also stamped off once for each flower.

Stamps: Good Friend, Fundamental Phrases

Ink: Bermuda Bay, Close to Cocoa

Paper: kraft, Bermuda Bay, Very Vanilla, Manchester DSP (retired)

Accessories: jeweled brad, scallop oval punch, oval punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!